The American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) proudly offers a gold-standard, assessment-based certification for Nutrition and Wellness Educators that is:
- Developed by National Nutrition and Wellness Leaders.
- Consistent with the national standards and competencies related to nutrition and wellness education.
- Open to educators across many disciplines and practice settings, including
- Public K-12 education or post-secondary/higher education
- Community-based and government nutrition and wellness education programs, such as Cooperative Extension, WIC or YMCA
- Business and industry, such as nutrition advisors in grocery stores, fitness and wellness programs, and food service.