AAFCS E-Book Series
Family and Consumer Sciences Compendium Series
Click here to purchase.
This all-digital series is a peer-reviewed collection of previously published works by AAFCS in the Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences, Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, AAFCS Webinars, and other selected works. Each volume will focus on a specific topic within the broad field of family and consumer sciences.
Volume 1: Body of Knowledge, 2019 Edition
This first volume of the Compendium Series reviews the illustrious history of the FCS-BOK and explains the current framework that serves as the foundation of the field. It includes important articles on the FCS-BOK that appeared in AAFCS journals and other documents from 2000 to 2019. It also includes access to two major AAFCS webinars recorded by leaders in the profession. The book is organized into 4 sections:
- Section 1: Framework of the Body of Knowledge reviews the illustrious history of the development and evolution of the FCS-BOK
- Section 2: Components of the Body of Knowledge defines the core concepts, integrative elements, and cross-cutting themes that serves as the foundation of the profession
- Section 3: Integration of the Body of Knowledge provides examples that demonstrate effective methods to apply and integrate the FCS-BOK in multiple practice settings and content areas within the profession
- Section 4: Implications for the Body of Knowledge offers readings to stimulate thinking regarding the future of the profession and its bearing on the continued evolution of the FCS-BOK.
This volume is ideal for use in foundational courses in colleges and universities.
Also appropriate for:
- Educators in Cooperative Extension
- Secondary educators
- Family and consumer sciences professionals in other practice settings
- Individuals who have come into family and consumer sciences roles via other professions and need foundational materials
Compendium Series Editorial Advisory Board
- Carol L. Anderson, PhD, CFCS
Professor Emerita, Cornell University
Editor, Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences (2002-2006)
- Scott S. Hall, PhD, CFLE
Professor, Ball State University
Editor, Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences (2015-present)
- Carole J. Makela, PhD, CFCS
Professor, Colorado State University
Editor, Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences (2006-2012)
- Lori A. Myers, PhD, CFCS
AAFCS Senior Director: Credentialing, Education & Research
AAFCS Managing Director of the FCS Research Center
Member price: $39.95
Nonmember price: $49.95
Click here to purchase. You will be prompted to log in to your MyAAFCS account.
Large quantities of the Compendium Series are available to bookstores. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.